Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Mob Concepts

I've mentioned this briefly the other night, but I've started working on some new mobs for the server. I'll be making these from scratch, and it's not so easy making an act file, so it may take some time. For one, an act file cannot be made from scratch, it has to be editing from an existing file. Anyways, that's not the point of this post. The point is to show off what I'm working on =D Also, a size comparison with official graphics.

Now, down to the meat of it. I started this to make a Tonberry mob for the server, but also found decent sprites for a Malboro as well as a little somethin' else from FFTA: Ultima. If you've never played it, Ultima was a boss that consisted of several immobile crystals. Well, anyways, here's what I've got along side a player character and a basic-sized mob:



Obviously... they're a tad on the small size lol. Luckily, I can scale them up when I make the act files. Many more mobs to come if these turn out well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Snap! FF References!!! Cool!

    And, yeah, I think the Malboro would really need scaling. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gonna get scaled up lol. For one, Tonberry is the size of a human, maybe slightly shorter. Two, Malboro is suppose to be much, much larger than a person, but scaling that much off a sprite that small will look crappy. As for the crystals, in FFTA, they were roughly the same size as a player, so... Maybe I'll do something in high color depth so they don't look so pixelated when I scale them up in the act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'd say slightly shorter than a player. But it can also be up to the waist of the player. (Like in FF VIII) But, it's all good.

    And the Malboro... Yeah, needs to be way larger unless you wanna name it Malbolet. ^_^

    ReplyDelete